Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our First Big Trip


Meet our Cousin Calvin

Luke, Liam, and Calvin

Luke, Calvin, and Liam

Grandma Mimi with the boys
Grandpa Morse with the Boys after our Run
My sister and I with Calvin
My 91 year old Grandmother and Mother to twins

We made our first big trip with the boys over the fourth of July to visit my family in Arkansas. Overall, the boys did very well riding in the car for roughly 12 hours! They were very happy to be home last night and seemed to recognize their toys, the dog, and their crib. We divided the trip into two days and stopped frequently to feed and play with the boys. In the meantime, we sang children's songs from their CD and played with the boys from the back seat in the van to help pass the time. It is amazing what you will listen to if it makes them happy. As luck would have it, Liam started teething the day before we left on our trip to Arkansas. He has two little teeth coming in and was somewhat cranky at times.
The highlight of our trip was getting to meet Calvin, my sister's son that was born on the same day as the boys. We had so much fun getting to see Calvin as well as the rest of my family including the boy's grandparents and great grandparents. I am posting pictures of the boys with their cousin, my parents, and their great grandparents including my 91 year old grandmother, also a mother of twins (my dad and his sister). At the time when she gave birth to twins, she did not even know she was having two babies and she only had a dozen cloth diapers! Honestly, I cannot imagine!


Hope you had a Happy 4th!

No comments: