Thursday, April 2, 2009

Messy Mealtimes

Who can make a mess in 5 seconds or less??? I can, I can
Note the missing shoe...Liam loves to take off his shoes and socks

Hurry, let's get the tupperware before she notices

Crazy Hair Luke

YIPEEE.....

This is great, Dad!!

Post Dinner Luke

Eating Dinner with Mommy

For anyone who has kids, I am sure that I am not alone when I say that everything we do creates some type of mess, mealtimes are particularly messy. We are generally in great moods at breakfast and lunch, but dinner can be a different story at times. It is often one or the other that is either tired or simply just not hungry when we sit down to eat dinner; therefore, sitting in the highchair is not nearly as fun as playing in the kitchen cabinets. So, the result is typically food on the floor, food mashed on the tray, food in the hair with one or the other of the boys. This scenario then repeats itself since they are both so good at imitating each other. It can be a guessing game trying to figure out what they want to eat, but it is pretty easy to tell what they DON'T want to eat! I am posting a few pictures of a recent dinner in which Liam was having a particularly difficult time. We don't usually get them out of their highchairs and hold them during dinner, but this particular dinner...we caved. For our relatives in Cincinnati, we were eating Skyline chili thanks to those who brought us a few cans at recent visits. I can't say that I really remember eating the Skyline, but I am sure it was tasty.
I am also posting a few pictures of the changing table where the clothes are typically folded and organized in terms of long sleeve, short sleeve, size for each baby, etc... On a recent weekend, John decided to let Luke have some fun pulling all the clothes off the table. I am not sure I have ever seen Luke so excited. In fact, we now have the changing table blocked off with two chairs in front because he won't leave it alone.
Enjoy!

No comments: