Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boston Bound

At the race expo with a couple of our running friends. Crazy busy expo! Our race numbers, Boston jackets, and lunch with my Dad Race numbers
Very tired boys
Movie time (left to right: Liam, Luke, Karsyn, Houston, and Chase above)
Taking a walk to the park with six little kids
Dinner time!
Liam and Aiden playing with chalk
Sweet AJ
Thanks to all our friends and family who have sent so many well-wishes. John and I are planning to run the Boston Marathon on Patriots Day, April 18, 2011. To run the marathon together was a goal that John and I have talked about for nearly 10 years. After many long runs in -20 degrees this winter and several marathons to qualify both of us to run Boston in the same year, we are finally here. We have had a great weekend catching up, visiting with my Dad and Jane, and enjoying the peace and quiet. So what are the boys doing? They are having a blast and probably will not want to come home. They are staying with our wonderful babysitter and her family for a few days while we are gone. Ironically, our babysitter also has twin boys that are a little younger than Luke and Liam. She also has an older daughter who has been helpful with Aiden. Although she thinks we are amazing to be running a marathon, I think she is amazing with her ability to handle six children (all 5 years of age and under) with such ease. I am pretty sure that I am better suited to run marathons than handle that many kids at once. I have to add that I am completely and utterly amazed at what our boys are eating and drinking while they are away from home! I feel a bit defeated to find out they will eat vegetables, drink milk and water, and eat fruit or anything else that is put in front of them while we are away! What?! John and I are laughing at the emails we have received from our sitter. The boys are in for some changes when they get home, that is for sure.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thank you for sharing your boys with us this week. We can't wait to do it again.

We're proud of you!