Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Playing in the box from the new television
Riding in Santa's sleigh with Comet and Cupid
It was really cold, windy, and rainy!
Hanging some Christmas ornaments
Aiden loved the little snowman ornament
Getting the tree ready. Our tree still remains behind closed doors, but perhaps next year we will move it out of the office.
We had a nice Thanksgiving here in Minnesota. I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "relaxing" because I am not sure it is ever relaxing around here unless the boys are napping or in bed, but we had a good time. John enjoyed a few days off so we tried to get several things accomplished. We made a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with a turkey, dressing, pie, and other traditional items. We also put up the Christmas tree, hung some lights outside, and bought a new television on Black Friday. Yep, we had a small mishap with the flatscreen t.v. in our bonus room about a week or so ago and had to buy a new television. Aiden had a small, plastic, knee hockey stick and he hit the television screen just hard enough to crack something on the screen so that there were lines all over the picture. The picture looked pretty horrible and it was like slow motion for me as I screamed when I saw him raise the stick and swing. Lessons learned: 1) The t.v. is now mounted on the wall several feet above the ground and six little hands (not sure why we didn't do that years ago) and 2) No more plastic hockey sticks in the bonus room. I really do not have many pictures from our t.v. hunting, hanging, and organizing event over Thanksgiving so I will post some random ones from the weekend. We did manage to take a short sleigh ride with Santa and his reindeer on a super cold, rainy and windy Minnesota afternoon.
One more funny thing from Luke that I want to remember in several years so I am writing it down. We have been working on patience with the boys and trying to encourage them not to ask for the same thing multiple times, but rather to ask once and then be patient for the results. We were driving in the car this week and Luke asked me a question. I asked him to repeat it because I could not understand what he said. His response to me: "Sorry Mom, I can only say it one time." And to think he's only 3.5 years old?

No comments: