Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Big One

Digging and Shoveling and Digging and Shoveling
The Igloo
Silly Boys
Aiden
Liam is giving the snowman a big hug
The snowman we built with our neighbor
Eating Ice off the tree
Trying to reach the Ice
We finally got the big snow that was invariably going to happen at some point this winter. It snowed around 6-8 inches on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, it began as freezing rain and then changed over to snow which made for a terrible morning commute. The snow began early in the morning on Wednesday and was falling fast at about 2 inches an hour. It was a wet, heavy, spring type snow that was zero fun to shovel but great for building snowmen. The boys all loved it and we spent several hours outside playing in the snow. We are still hoping that spring arrives early this year. We cannot complain too much about the snow since it has been very minimal this year.
I am borrowing the poem below from another blog. I thought it was very encouraging and keeps things in perspective with lots of little ones!
Oh give me patience when wee hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes.
Keep my lips from hasty replies.
And let not weariness, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So when, in years to come my house is still
No bitter memories its rooms may fill.
-unknown

No comments: