Friday, March 30, 2012

On their own

We haven't gotten out the playdough in awhile, but this time around it was worth the effort to set it up on a cool and rainy day. The boys loved it!
Liam is playing with a dumptruck on the deck after lunch
Aiden watching his brothers outside
Aiden loves to steal the croutons off our salads while I am preparing dinner
We have finally reached another big milestone with Luke and Liam. At around 3.5 years of age, they started playing on their own without my direction and constant supervision. Most recently, however, they have even ventured outside to play on their own! Yes, AMEN! What activity is better to burn off the energy of two four year old boys than to send them outside (in the backyard) to play?! Many days after we finish lunch, I let Luke and Liam play in the backyard while I am cleaning up, changing Aiden's diaper, etc. It is often one of the most "peaceful" times of the afternoon because everyone plays independently and typically with different toys. I can see the boys from the kitchen window and they play on either the swingset, sandbox, or on our deck. We are very fortunate to have a big wide open grassy area in our backyard that gives them plenty of space to run and play. Aiden stays inside with me and plays on his own as well.

1 comment:

Jill said...

what adorable little boys! we have all girls...twin 3 yr olds and a 1 yr old. i love my girls, but oh my...little boys have a way of stealing momma's heart!

found your blog through kelly's korner :)