Monday, February 25, 2013

Ready for Spring

Aiden and Daddy working on the ipad before Daddy leaves for work in the morning.  Aiden is still an early riser so he usually gets to see Dad for a little while before he heads out.
So excited to use our outdoor toys again!  We got a chance to try out our new riding toys we received for Christmas.   
 
Aiden always says, "Hey mom, want to see my fast runner?"  I never thought I would be a proponent of running in the house, but sometimes you have to do what works.  This is a daily occurance for us as the boys race around this wall that divides the kitchen/den from the front door.  Its basically a small track after meals while they burn their excess energy.  Can't wait until spring when they can run outdoors! 
 
ROAR!!!
Throwing snowballs on the big mound of snow
The boys were playing some type of game where they were king of the mountain on top of the snow.  They were so loud that it sounded a bit more like 10 kids rather than 3. 



We are finally having some warmer temperatures, but I am trying not to get my hopes up too much since we inevitably get some end of the season huge snowstorm.  We are at least missing the second storm to hit most of the midwest in the last week.  By "warmer" temperatures, I mean temps in the low 30's which feels a bit like a heat wave when it hasn't gotten above 20 degrees in several weeks.  It has been sunny, warmer, and the snow is melting a little at a time.  We are more than ready for spring to be here.  Despite the fun we have had on the backyard ice rink this winter, I think we are all ready for some outdoor activities.  Luke asked the other day when we could go swimming outside again.  And Liam pointed out today that he really doesn't want snow anymore because its so cold.  I couldn't agree more.  Hurry Spring!

Although maybe not that news worthy, our washing machine broke down this week.  Ironically, the last time it broke down was February of last year.  Around 13 years ago, I received our washer and dryer set as a gift from my grandmother when I moved into my first house in Little Rock.  This washer and dryer set has been with us a long time.  I keep thinking it is on its last leg and somehow John manages to repair it.  The problem ended up being the gearcase assembly which means nothing to me, but we found a little shop in Minneapolis that carries various parts for appliances.  The boys and I went out and picked up the part and John installed it this evening.  Looks like I will have to wait on that new stackable washer and dryer to make our laundry room twice as big.  The washing machine is up and running again. 

As John was turning the washer over on its side, Luke looked at me and said, "Mom, is he sure about this?  This does not look like a good idea."
 
John joked midway through the repair that he wanted a beer when he was finished.  When I turned around, Luke had the stool out and he was reaching up in the cabinet to get a cup for Daddy's beer. 

No comments: