Monday, March 2, 2015

We Love to Read!

Liam and Luke were SO EXCITED when John showed up at school as the "Mystery Reader"

John is reading the "Seven Silly Eaters"

February was "I Love to Read" month at the school where Luke and Liam attend.  To encourage reading this month, the school held a read a thon, a reading beach party, and they invited mystery readers to come in and read to the class.  John was the "mystery reader" last week and was able to go to their class and read a book to everyone.  He was asked to send three clues (anonymously) and the children tried to guess who was coming.  Luke and Liam had no idea that John would be there.  John's clues were:

1.  I have lived in 8 states:  Illinois, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Arkansas, North Carolina, New   
     Jersey, and Minnesota.
2.  I did not play hockey growing up, but my kids have a hockey rink in their backyard.
3.  I enjoy watching Iowa Hawkeye football with my four children.  


After the mystery readers during the month of February, the boys also had a "reading beach party" at the end of last week.  Parents were invited to come to school with a beach towel and beach apparel and we read books together.  Although I didn't take any pictures, I was able to join Luke and Liam for the beach party while Finn and Aiden enjoyed some play time with our neighbor's grandparents.  It was really fun to be there and see the boys.  



No comments: