Friday, May 16, 2008

Parenting is an Art, not a Science






Parenting is an Art, not a Science. I recently read this in one of my twin books and I totally agree with this statement. I tend to look at things black and white and more from a scientific view point. There are not always right or wrong answers to many of the questions I have. An art can always be perfected, changed, or built upon. Just when I feel like I know what to do or what the boys want, they change. They are constantly teaching me new things and forcing me to find creative, practical solutions to our dilemmas. A lot of things clearly don't work too well the first time around, so we improvise and try again.
Liam found his voice this week and has suddenly started babbling all the time. Luke has been talking for a few weeks now and is quick to give his smiles. Previously, Liam was more reserved, but this week he has certainly let his presence be known (he is quite loud!). The boys are both very familiar with their hands and quickly put them in their mouths whenever possible.

We are excited about a warm weekend with lots of sunny weather. Today will be the warmest day in 7 months! We are putting on a deck on the back of the house and the digging began this morning.
Have a nice weekend!

No comments: