Monday, September 29, 2008

Six Years!

I am going to get that Kitty!!!
Gotcha....the cat's days are numbered
Getting ready for a bike ride with Mom

John and I celebrated our six year anniversary on Sunday. Unfortunately I do not have pictures to help tell the story of what we did for our anniversary weekend, but it is probably pretty typical of John and I. On Saturday night, we decided to try a new mexican restaurant in a nearby town. Their website said it was upscale mexican with a southwestern flair and it reminded me of my favorite restaurant in New Jersey. The restaurant had a children's menu and said it was "family friendly" so we decided to take the boys. When we walked in the door, it was pretty obvious that was not a place where nearly 9 month old babies come for dinner very often! It was a little more upscale than family friendly. We did survive thanks to a fountain that Luke was mesmorized with and several crackers for Liam. I think they may have tried to seat at least three people near us, all of which declined and I can't say that i blame them too much. Our waitress was quite nice and loved the boys and overall the boys were actually quite good, though I don't think we will be going back to that restuarant for awhile. After we quickly ate and exited, we were looking for a latte and I suggested this place that I thought might have great lattes like what we used to find in Little Italy or some of our favorite places in NYC. This place ended up being a wine bar that rarely does takeout lattes. They did have a nice latte, but it was obvious by the "to go" cups that my suggestion to try this place was not a good one. Overall, we have a nice anniversary. We celebrated last week with John's parents and again over the weekend. Our water heater went out over the weekend so we had to boil water to bathe the boys and take very quick cold showers!

Our big news from the boys is that Liam is really mobile now. He is crawling very well and is quite fast. His technique is not too smooth, but he gets around. Luke is still content to watch his brother, but is making a little progress. I am posting a few random pictures from the weekend.

1 comment:

Cycle Ninja said...

You guys have a cat, now, too? OK, now I have incentive to visit more often.

My welcome mat is always out, too. Congratulations.