Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

This is THE Highlight of Luke's week.  The water slide.  Luke is in the white and navy shirt at the bottom (middle) of picture.  He really has no fear at all.

Happy 4th of July!!  It has been a HOT HOT week in Minnesota.  While I am thankful for the warm weather, I am not acclimated to it like I was when we lived in Arkansas.  I never had children to play with outdoors when I lived in Arkansas either so I really didn't appreciate weather as much as I do now.  When the temperatures get above 85-90 degrees or so, the slides and things at the park are too hot to enjoy.  It really is not much fun (for me or the boys) to play outdoors when the temperatures reach 100 degrees like they did this week.  So, what did we do most of the week?  We played in the water.  We did water balloons, water sprinklers, the pool, the slip-n-slide, and then topped it off with a trip to a water park on the 4th of July.  We went to a very small aquatic center with a water slide, huge sandbox, and other fun water sprinklers.  The boys loved it.  Luke was so excited that he was tall enough to ride the water slide in a tube by himself.  Liam was lacking about 1-2 inches to be able to do the slide alone, but he enjoyed riding with John and I.  Aiden even rode the water slide a few times. 


Getting ready to throw the water balloons that Daddy made during nap time

Luke asks pretty much everyday if we can do water balloons 


Liam's "eye balloons"


Throwing balloons off the deck


Story of our Life! 

AJ and his new bike helmet.  It kind of fits his fierce personality.


Aiden resting with Daddy.  I am seriously considering a season pass to the water park after Aiden took a THREE hour nap afterwards and then was more than ready for an early bedtime. 

No comments: