Saturday, May 16, 2020

COVID-Week #9

A picture from my sister of myself (red life jacket), my Grandfather holding my sister, and my cousin Wesley on my grandfather's boat at his lake house.
My grandfather with Aiden in August 2010
My grandfather with Luke and Liam (July 2008)



Finn, Luke, and John playing hotbox in the backyard

Dance Party Friday for Finn's morning meeting "at school"

Goodbye Butterfly!

This one sat on Luke's hand for awhile


Fly Butterfly!



We finished Week #9 of quarantine this week.  It has been two months since we physically left the house for school.  63 days!?  Things are beginning to loosen a bit for Minnesota.  The boys were able to see a a few friends this week.  It was brief and they did outdoor socially distanced activities, but it was still awesome to see friends.  John is still working from home and the boys are still doing e-learning with school.  Aiden and Finn usually work from 9:00 am until 12:30-1:00 pm while Luke and Liam usually finish around 2:00 pm.

The butterflies were able to be released this week.  We had five monarch butterflies that the Easter bunny brought us in the form of teeny tiny caterpillars.  They grew and formed a chrysalis and we have been waiting for the weather to warm up enough to release them.  We finally hit 70 degrees on Thursday and let the butterflies go.  We are watching for them in the backyard!

My grandfather passed away on Mother's Day, May 10th.  He was 95 years old.  He was living in Texas near my Aunt Barbara and her family who were caring for him at the time of his death.  He was an entrepreneur, a well respected businessman, and a renowned dentist.    I spent a lot of time with he and my grandmother growing up and have many fond memories of time spent at their lake house learning to water ski and fish, and many Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners at their house with my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Due to the pandemic issues, he had a very small graveside with only a few family members.  I am thankful for his impact on my life and the love and support he showed his family.  

No comments: