Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It is Never Going to be "Easy"






I have come to the realization that taking two babies anywhere is never going to be "easy". That may sound like an obvious conclusion, but I think it has taken me awhile to be comfortable with that fact. Certainly there are several things I have learned that make the process easier. For example, never plan anything first thing in the morning unless you have additional help. Going places with John's help is much easier before 9:00 am than it is by myself. Secondly, having the van helps tremendously. I was never a proponent of minivans and frankly found some of the women who drive them around like they are part of the presidential motorcade to be quite annoying. However, I take all of that back because the ease and added comfort of getting two carseats, a stroller, and then a cart full of groceries to the house with the minivan is priceless. Thirdly, always plan ahead and leave on a full stomach. I have everything laid out and ready to go so that after the boys have eaten, we can load up and go. I also have my supplies (water, gum, etc...) that stay in the car so that there is less to carry out. A good rule to remember is that whatever you take out to the car has to be carried into the house and when you are one person doing this....it can become quite exhausting! I am posting a couple of pictures of our morning routine of dressing and changing diapers, some random playtime photos, and the boys exhausted after a long day. Enjoy!




No comments: